This Lent, join the Brothers on a journey into the heart of God in prayer.
4/7/2013 – Now: Can you let go of the past and the future, to meet God in the now?
Each video link will go live at 1:00 am EST on the day it is published. Click the links below.
- 2/13/2013: Prayer – What will you see in God today? What will God see in you?
- 2/14/2013: Gift – How will you receive God’s gift of prayer today?
- 2/15/2013: Response – Can you make yourself more avallable to God in prayer?
- 2/16/2013: Children of God – Do you believe God adores you, just as you are?
- 2/17/2013: Help – Would it change your day to say “Thank you”& “Help” to God?
- 2/18/2013: Silence – What might you hear in a time of loving silence with God?
- 2/19/2013: Presence – In what new places or activities might you experience God’s presence?
- 2/20/2013: Time – How do you sanctify time?
- 2/21/2013: Focus – How might you focus your prayer throughout each day?
- 2/22/2013: Longing – Can you bring your deepest longings to God?
- 2/23/2013: Intimacy – What might you do for God today, as a sign of intimacy?
- 2/24/2013: Jesus – Today will you pray the name of Jesus?
- 2/25/2013: Encounter – Have you ever invited or experienced an encounter with God beyond language?
- 2/26/2013: Joy – What practice might help you live full into the joy of who you are?
- 2/27/2013: Honesty – Can you come to God with absolute honesty?
- 2/28/2013: Place – What places, indoors or outdoors, do you feel nearest to God?
- 3/1/2013: Collaboration – Might your concerns hold an invitation to collaborate with God?
- 3/2/2013: Scripture – Will you read Scripture or some other sacred text today, to invite a deeper communion with God?
- 3/3/2013: Distraction – Do you struggle with distraction in prayer?
- 3/4/2013: Listen – Do you listen enough in prayer?
- 3/5/2012: Look – Have you ever simply looked at an object to embrace its reality? Will you today?
- 3/6/2013: Love – Can you trust that God not only loves, but also likes you? All of you?
- 3/7/2013: Desire – Can you fast from what overfills you, to claim what you most deeply desire?
- 3/8/2013: Delight – How will you take delight in yourself today?
- 3/9/2013: Mystery – Will you send a dart of longing love into the mystery of God?
- 3/10/2013: Body – Will you breathe and invite God’s wholeness into your body?
- 3/11/2013: Trinity – Will you pray today, participating in the loving union of God as Trinity?
- 3/12/2013: Father – Will you imitate Jesus’ intimacy with the Father in prayer?
- 3/13/2013: Intercession – What of your “distractions” are invitations for your prayer?
- 3/14/2013: Petition – How does petition help sharpen your caring for others?
- 3/15/2013: Enemies – How might the enemies in your life belong there, for your own conversion?
- 3/16/2013: Failure – Can you accept failure as a chance to love yourself more deeply?
- 3/17/2013: Judgment – Can you invite judgment from God in prayer today?
- 3/18/2013: Praise – Will you praise God today as the Psalms do, through truthfulness?
- 3/19/2013: Transformation – Will you pray for God’s transformation in your life?
- 3/20/2013: Discipline – How will you keep faithful to your discipline of prayer, even in the dry times?
- 3/21/2013: Relationship – What might your relationships with other people reveal about new ways of being in relationship with God?
- 3/22/2013: Repentance – Is there something you need to repent of today, in order to feel Easter joy tomorrow?
- 3/23/2013: Grace – Can you invite God’s grace into the places of contradiction and darkness within you?
- 3/24/2013: Vulnerability – How will you share your vulnerability with Jesus today?
- 3/25/2013: Compassion – How is Jesus’ suffering a path to healing and compassion for you?
- 3/26/2013: Experience – Can you allow your experience of Holy Week to unfold authentically, without trying to control it?
- 3/27/2013: Paradox – Are you ready for Easter joy, whenever and wherever it might arise?
- 3/28/2013: Revelation – Will you ask God to reveal to you something new this Maundy Thursday?
- 3/29/2013: Suffering – Will you ask God to transform your suffering into greater love?
- 3/30/2013: Emptiness – Where might life be waiting to erupt out of emptiness for you?
- 3/31/2013: Resurrection – Where do you experience resurrection?
- 4/1/2013: Innocence – Will you ask God to restore innocence to all that is broken in your life and our world?
- 4/2/2013: Hope – Where is there cause for hope and joy in your life now?
- 4/3/2013: Witness – How will you witness to the glorious new life of God, for saints present and yet to come?
- 4/4/2013: Savior – Will you pray the name of Jesus for the salvation of all?
- 4/5/2013: Gratitude – Will you try to approach your life today with gratitude?
- 4/6/2013: Abide – How will you abide with God as you navigate your way through the day?
- 4/7/2013: Now – Can you let go of the past and the future, to meet God in the now?
Resources to Share:
To help share this series on your website, visit this page for some helpful resources. http://ssje.org/ssje/prayer/praying-our-lives-resources-to-share/
On the five Tuesdays in Lent we’ll be offering a preaching series, “Living Prayer,” which will explore five traditional ways of praying. Each preacher will offer practical teaching on one of the ways of prayer, and then lead us in a meditative exercise.